Volunteering – Be a part of the festival!
Yiddish Summer Weimar (YSW) is one of the world’s most important and most inclusive Yiddish culture festivals. Each year, a community of artists, scholars, musicians, workshop participants and guests from around the world gather here to experience and shape Yiddish culture in workshops, jam sessions and concerts.
Forming the backbone of this community are our many volunteers, whose contributions have made this unique festival possible for more than 20 years.
Join us and become a part of our community! Whether for one week or the entire duration of the festival, whether as an intern or a volunteer; you can support the Yiddish Summer Weimar team in many ways.
Depending on your interests and skills, you can participate and take on tasks in different areas, such as:
- Artist Buddies
- Workshop support
- Back office assistance
- Working at the Info points and at the Shop
- Support for the festival kitchen
- Assisting the social media team
- Support at evening events
What we offer:
- Participation in living Jewish culture
- a diverse, relaxed and open team with flat hierarchies
- the space to contribute your own strengths and develop new skills
- the opportunity to become part of an international community of cultural actors
- a peek behind the scenes of an international, five-week festival
- free admission to all evening events
- Insights into the workshops
- a qualified internship certificate upon request
We are looking for open-minded and flexible people who like to work in a team and who want to get involved. You don't need any experience in festival work but should be willing to learn new skills.
Ideally, you should be able to communicate in German. If not, then very good English skills are a necessity. A driver’s license would be an asset.
Join us - for the preparation starting in June, during the festival (July 14 - August 20, 2022), or for the follow-up at the end of August or for any period of time in between. No matter if you come for a week or for the whole period - your help will make Yiddish Summer Weimar come alive!
The FAQ Volunteers provides more information about Yiddish Summer Weimar and the requirements for volunteers.
For further questions you can contact David Bäcker at email@example.com.
If you want to join us, then you can register directly here.